getting laid off is not fun to do

just in case any one wanted to know, getting laid off is not fun to do. Wednesday, the 1st of October, the first phone call I received on my cell phone was from my manager. He asked me to come back to the legal counsel's office. Just before that, my co-worker was bring me up to spead on what had been rumored or discussed the day before about lay-offs. She figured that if anyone in our helpdesk would get let go, she probably would since was low person on the totem pole. Well, I guess I should have been listening to myself, because I just got through saying something like it doesn't matter, it could be any of us.

I walked back to the legal counsels office, and there was my manager standing behind the head legal counsels desk with a pink/burgundy folder with my name on it.

It was explained to me that contained in the folder was a check for my pay up till 5 pm that day and the rest of my vacation days. I would be given time to back up my data if I wished, since I knew how to do that, and to pack up my things, turn in my hardware, keys, etc. and that I should look over the folders contents, review it and think about signing it and returning it to Human Resources within a days time.

This really comes at an inopportune time for me because our town home we are renting is up for sale, we are looking for a place to move to and struggling financially as it is.

This last 3-5 days I have been kind of numb. Then a co-worker that I home teach brought over a loaf of banana bread for sympathy and wondered if a priesthood blessing would help, Kimberly being who they were talking to outside, came in and asked me. They said they would find someone to help then come back. They never came back. One of my home teachers called later saying that he was in Provo watching the BYU game and planned on stopping by shortly after 4 PM on Saturday after the afternoon session of conference.

During General Conference there were several talks about adversity and hard economic times and relying on the Lord in faith, but working as if everything depends on us, or something like that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An extra sets of keys, a must!

Things come and go

Aargh